2011 NCAA College Football Season Kicking Off

Glorious NCAA college football is returning to us. The second week of July is a little better than the first for the same reasons. Football is a little closer. All the preview magazines hit the stands, jerseys hit the stores, your buddies start calling to make football tailgating plans, and EA Sports NCAA Football hits store shelves.

I'm on record as calling EA Sports NCAA Football "Methadone for the College Football Addict." Good lord is it addicting... and entertaining. There's nothing like hanging 90 on your rival school with Akron. There's also nothing like getting your butt handed to you by the computer when you get a little cocky and set the game on it's highest level. No matter. I love it.

So, when EA Sports asked to sponsor a week's worth of posts leading up to the release of NCAA Football 2011 next Tuesday, July 13th, I was more than a little excited. Naturally, I figured there would be a catch. But there really wasn't. EA Sports wasn't interested in telling me what to say, only in sponsoring a series of posts celebrating the diehard fans of the greatest sport in the world: college football.


It's going to be a lot of fun going through this stuff. Frankly, I'm more excited to see how a lot of you became fans, who your favorite players are, and which Michigan teams left the biggest mark on you. And, of course, I want to get your tailgaiting stories in print so I can use them against you at a later date. My thanks to EA for their offer and to you guys for continuing to come back. That's what makes all this possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment